Friday, December 30, 2011

Purananooru - 211 to 220 (English Translation)

211. A Song About Seramaan Kudakkochcheral Irumporai

On hearing the sound of the frightening thunder the cobra will lay its head down. Oh king having the ability of conquering the enemies ! I am a poet who came for getting gift from you. I sang about you thinking that you are a patron. You have cheated me/ My disappointment does not make you feel shame. You did not feel shy on hearing my praising song. You felt happy on hearing it daily. I am leaving with empty hands. Let you be well. The rats which scratched the wall died without food in our house. My wife will be expecting for me with our child which looks the breast of my wife which has no milk with a longing. I am leaving to see her. -Perungkundroorkkizhaar

212. A Song About Kopperunjchozhan

Are you asking who my king is ? I will tell. Listen. My king is Kopperunjchozhan who rules Sozhanaadu which has Uraiyoor as capital. Sozhanaadu has many farmers who drink sour toddy and eat tortoise's flesh. They also eat roasted aaral fish as their desire to eat is not quenched. Kopperunjchozhan is the enemy to the poverty of the Paanaas' relatives. He converse with Poththiyaar happily daily. He is our king. -Pisiraandhaiyaar

213. A Song About Kopperunjchozhan

Oh king having victorious fame ! Who are the two who have come to fight with you ? Think for a while. Who are they ? Are they Seraa and Paandiyaa who are your enemies ? You are not the enemy to them. When you go to the heaven , who will rule this country ? Your sons will rule it. Don't you know that ? If you defeat your sons in the war , to whom will you give the rule ? If you are defeated by them, the enemies will laugh at you. So give up the war. Your braveness will increase. Let your feet live live long. You do only good deeds. You will be the guest received by the Devaas happily in the heaven. -Pullaattroor Eyittriyanaar

214. A song about Kopperunjchozhan

Those who worry that they cannot do good things are not wise. The person who go on elephant hunting is brave. He can get an elephant in the hunting. One who spreads the net for catching kaadai may return with empty hands. Those who have good heart will reach the heaven. Though they do not go to the heaven ,they will not take birth again. If some one says that there is no rebirth , they will get the fame which does not disappear in this birth itself like the high Himalayas. So doing good things is good for everyone. -Pisiraandhaiyaar

215. A Song Written By Kopperunjchozhan

In the Paandiyaa country the farm maids give varahu rice with velai flowers and curd to those who pluck avarai. There is a small village called Pisir. There lives my close friend. Though he does not come and see me when I live with wealth, but he will certainly come in my last days when I am suffering.

216. A Song Written By Kopperunjchozhan

Oh scholars ! Don't suspect. You say that we both have friendship for several years without seeing each other. So you say that he won't come here . Pisiraandhaiyaar has sweet qualities. He never like the life which kills the fame. He will add fame to me by saying my name where he has to say his name. He is my kind friend. He will certainly come in my last days. So arrange a place for him near me.

217. A Song Written By Poththiyaar

It is such a wonder which cannot be thought. He is a king who lived with great fame. His act of “ Vadakkiruththal “ is wonderful. It is very wonder that a scholar from a foreign country come here due to his friendship and the Sozhaa's fore telling about his arrival. This world has lost a great person who had a place in the heart of a foreign country person. What a great sorrow is it ! What a pity is it !

218. A Song Written By Kannaahanaar

Gold, coral, pearl and precious stones are got in different places which are far away from each other. When the different things are joined and a garland is made, its greatness increases. Like this, the scholars who born in different places will join together. The means will join with the means only.

219. A Song Written By Karuvoor Perunjchadhukkaththu Poodhanaadhanaar

Oh great brave man ! You are under the shadow of a tree without eating the food. Are you angry with me ? Many have taken part in your “ Vadakkiruththal “ . But I do not take part in it. Is it the reason for your hatred ?

220. A Song Written By Poththiyaar

I weep like a mahout who feel sad on seeing the empty place where there was his elephant which was looked after by him for a long time. I weep because the palace of the Sozhaa king has lost him.

No comments: